Corporate Tax Electronic Filing
General Information about Corporate Tax Electronic Filing
Electronic filing is a fast growing alternative to mailing paper returns. Corporations may file MO-1120 Corporation Income/Franchise tax returns and MO-1120S S Corporation Income/Franchise tax returns electronically in conjunction with the IRS through Modernized E-File (MeF). This system has been developed through a cooperative effort between the IRS, states, and the software community. The system uses the latest electronic technology and industry standards. Benefits of electronic filing include proof of filing, ease of return preparation, and greater accuracy.
E-file works in conjunction with the Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) Electronic Filing System. Corporations can file the MO-1120 return and attachments by using a tax preparer or software approved by the IRS as an Electronic Return Originator (ERO). The state return can be transmitted to the IRS along with the federal return. When the federal return is accepted, an acknowledgment (electronic confirmation) is sent from the IRS to the transmitter. The IRS then packages the state return information for retrieval by the department. When the state return is accepted, an acknowledgment is sent from the department to the IRS for retrieval by the transmitter. State Corporation MO-1120 or MO-1120S returns may be prepared and transmitted as a stand-alone state return using MeF due to variances in due dates or other filing situations.
Approved Vendors Supporting Corporate Electronic Filing
Advance Tax Solutions LLC
CCH Small Firm Services
CS Professional Suite
Tax Simple (Agile Tax)
Tax Technologies, Inc.
Benefits of Electronic Filing
- Convenience. You can electronically file 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Security. Your tax return information is encrypted and transmitted securely to ensure confidentiality.
- Accuracy. Electronically filed returns have fewer errors than paper returns.
- Proof of Filing. An acknowledgment is issued when your return is received and accepted.
- Returns filed for tax years 2012 and after - Direct Deposit of Refunds. A corporation that electronically files their return can have its refund direct deposited into its bank account.
Please send your questions or comments to: [email protected] or call (573) 751-8150.