Online No Tax Due System Information
** NOTICE **
The Department of Revenue will replace the Online No Tax Due System soon. The Department must temporarily close the program beginning at the end of the day, August 28, 2017. Please check the website after September 5, 2017 for the new program’s availability. You may also contact the Department at 573-751-9268 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
State law, section 144.083, RSMo, requires businesses to demonstrate they are compliant with state sales and withholding tax laws before they can receive or obtain certain licenses that are required to conduct business in the state. In other words, a business must show that it has “No Tax Due.” Obtaining a statement of No Tax Due is simple and quick, and it’s a free service. A tax-compliant business will be able to print its Certificate of No Tax Due within minutes. Cities or counties can verify whether a business is tax compliant, before issuing or renewing a business license. State agencies can verify whether a business is tax compliant, before issuing or renewing a business license. Business owners with questions should contact the Department of Revenue. View instructions on how to use the online No Tax Due System.
Note, a business that makes NO retail sales is NOT required by section 144.083, RSMo, to present a Certificate of No Tax Due in order to obtain or renew its license.
The Department is committed to making this new requirement as easy as possible for political subdivisions, state agencies and taxpayers. Our goal is a process requiring as little paper as possible in order to comply with the new law. As a result, we have developed an Online No Tax Due system that will allow political subdivisions, state agencies, and business owners to access our website to quickly determine if a business has "no tax due" without requiring that piece of paper to be issued by the Department.
Here's how it works:
Political Subdivisions and State Agencies
- An employee of a political subdivision or state agency can enter the business owner's Missouri Tax Identification Number.
- Online No Tax Due will access our tax system, determine whether the business is in compliance and provide a message back instantly that documents.
- A business is in compliance and the license can be issued, or;
- The business must contact the Department of Revenue before a statement of no tax due can be issued.
If you are a city or county and want to have access to the system, please complete and mail Form 4379A. A state agency wanting access to the system can complete Form 4379B. We will e-mail login IDs and passwords to your employees.
- A business owner can enter their Missouri Tax Identification Number and PIN (The Department of Revenue has already assigned the PIN number and it can be found on the front of your return or voucher book. See Below)
- Online No Tax Due will access our tax system, determine whether the taxpayer is in compliance and provide instantly:
- A Certificate of No Tax Due. The business owner can print their own Certificate of No Tax Due to provide to the political subdivision or state agency, or;
- If, through the Online system, a Certificate of No Tax Due cannot be issued because a business is not in full compliance, directs the business owner to contact the Department of Revenue to obtain one.
If you have any questions, please contact:Missouri Department of Revenue
P.O. Box 3666
Jefferson City, MO 65105-3666
Fax: (573) 522-1265
Telephone: (573) 751-9268