Back to School Sales Tax Holiday
By state law, the sales tax holiday begins on the first Friday in August and continues through the following Sunday. Certain back-to-school purchases, such as clothing, school supplies, computers, and other items as defined by the statute, are exempt from sales tax for this time period only.
In 2017, the Sales Tax Holiday begins at 12:01 a.m. on Friday, August 4, and runs through Sunday, August 6.
Information for cities, counties, and districts not participating in the 2017 Sales Tax Holiday, 2017 Rate Tables, and 2017 Rate Cards will be updated and posted prior to the start of the 2017 Sales Tax Holiday event.
Tax Holiday Information
Cities, Counties, and Districts that Elected Not to Participate
- List of cities that elected not to participate in the 2017 Tax Holiday.
- List of counties that elected not to participate in the 2017 Tax Holiday.
- List of districts that elected not to participate in the 2017 Tax Holiday.
2017 Rate Tables
- Tax Holiday Rate Tables - 08/04/17 - 08/06/17 - PDF
- Tax Holiday Rate Tables - 08/04/17 - 08/06/17 - XLS
2017 Rate Cards
- Print a Back to School Sales Tax Holiday Rate Card
(If you do not know the tax rate for your location(s) access the rate tables above.)
For questions regarding the Back to School Sales Tax Holiday, email us at: email@example.com
For Missouri tourism information and shopping destinations visit: www.visitmo.com.