- 2016 Early Release - These forms are considered final for software companies, with the exception of federal line references.
- Data Recognition Forms - These are forms the Department designs to automate document processing to improve overall accuracy and efficiency. Fields on these forms are set up on a 10 x 6 grid (10 characters to the inch and 6 lines to the inch) to assist software developers in creating substitute versions.
Software Vendor Forms & Information
- Guidelines for Substitute and Reproduced Tax Forms (Form 5629) - This is a set of guidelines that Software Vendors agree to follow when submitting forms for approval.
- Form 4349 - Letter of Intent for Substitute and Reproduced Income Tax Forms
- Form 5639 – Software Developer Registration and Agreement for Modernized E-file
NOTE: A completed and signed Form 5639 must be submitted before vendors can receive the 2015 schemas and participate in testing.
Current schema versions for Tax Year 2015
- Individual Income - MOIndividual2015v4.0
- Corporate and Partnership – MOBusiness2015v2.0
- Fiduciary- MOEstateTrust2015v1.1
This is the Electronic Return File Specifications, Test Packages, and Schemas for Individual Income, Corporate, Partnership and Fiduciary Tax Returns.
- Corporate and Partnership
- 2013 Corporate and Partnership Schema, Version 5.0 (1/2/14)
- 2013 Corporate and Partnership E-file Specifications (10/21/13)
- 2013 Corporate Tax Test Package (11/5/13)
- 2013 Partnership Test Package (12/19/13)
- 2014 Corporate and Partnership Schema, Version 2.1 (11/18/14)
- 2014 Corporate and Partnership MeF Specifications (10/16/14)
- 2014 Partnership Test Package (11/3/14)
- 2014 Corporate Tax Test Package (11/7/14)
- 2013 Individual Income Tax Schema, Version 4.0 (12/2/13)
- 2013 Individual MeF Specifications (10/21/13)
- 2013 Individual Income Tax Test Package (11/6/13)
- 2014 Individual Income Tax Schema, Version 2.0 (10/16/14)
- 2014 Individual MeF Specifications (11/3/14)
- 2014 Individual Income Tax Test Package (10/29/14)
- 2013 Fiduciary Schema, Version 2.0 (12/19/13)
- 2013 Fiduciary MeF Specifications (10/21/13)
- 2013 Fiduciary Test Package (12/19/13)
- 2014 Fiduciary Schema, Version 2.1 (12/4/14)
- 2014 Fiduciary MeF Specifications (11/3/14)
- 2014 Fiduciary MeF Test Package (11/18/14)
- Voucher Specifications (02/25/16) - These are the specifications for all vouchers that can be reproduced by software vendors. You must follow the specifications for approval.