- 2014 Early Release - These forms are considered final for software companies, with the exception of federal line references.
- Data Recognition Forms - These are forms the Department designs to automate document processing to improve overall accuracy and efficiency. Fields on these forms are set up on a 10 x 6 grid (10 characters to the inch and 6 lines to the inch) to assist software developers in creating substitute versions.
Software Vendor Forms & Information
- Guidelines - This is a set of guidelines that Software Vendors agree to follow when submitting forms for approval.
- Letter of Intent for Substitute and Reproduced Income Tax Forms (Form 4349) - All software vendors that intend to create substitute versions of Department of Revenue forms must have this document on file. The Department will not accept or review draft forms until this form is received. It is a one time filing and only needs to be resubmitted if the information requested on it changes. The Department may also request a revised Form 4349, if necessary.
- Request for Substitute Forms Approval (Form 5529) - This form must be submitted as a cover page each time a substitute form is submitted to the Department for review. This fillable form allows the Department to quickly provide feedback or approval to the software vendor.
This is the Electronic Return File Specifications, Test Packages, and Schemas for Individual Income, Corporate, Partnership and Fiduciary Tax Returns.
- Corporate and Partnership
- 2012 Corporate Tax Schema, Version 3.0 (11/5/12)
- 2012 Corporate E-file Specifications (10/5/12)
- 2012 Corporate Tax Test Package (10/24/12)
- 2013 Corporate and Partnership Schema, Version 5.0 (1/2/14)
- 2013 Corporate and Partnership E-file Specifications (10/21/13)
- 2013 Corporate Tax Test Package (11/5/13)
- 2013 Partnership Test Package (12/19/13)
- 2014 Corporate and Partnership Schema, Version 2.1 (11/18/14)
- 2014 Corporate and Partnership MeF Specifications (10/16/14)
- 2014 Partnership Test Package (11/3/14)
- 2014 Corporate Tax Test Package (11/7/14)
- 2012 Individual Income Tax Schema, Version 3.0 (10/30/12)
- 2012 Individual MeF Specifications (10/5/12)
- 2012 Individual Income Tax Test Package (11/13/12)
- 2013 Individual Income Tax Schema, Version 4.0 (12/2/13)
- 2013 Individual MeF Specifications (10/21/13)
- 2013 Individual Income Tax Test Package (11/6/13)
- 2014 Individual Income Tax Schema, Version 2.0 (10/16/14)
- 2014 Individual MeF Specifications (11/3/14)
- 2014 Individual Income Tax Test Package (10/29/14)
- 2013 Fiduciary Schema, Version 2.0 (12/19/13)
- 2013 Fiduciary MeF Specifications (10/21/13)
- 2013 Fiduciary Test Package (12/19/13)
- 2014 Fiduciary Schema, Version 2.1 (12/4/14)
- 2014 Fiduciary MeF Specifications (11/3/14)
- 2014 Fiduciary MeF Test Package (11/18/14)
- Voucher Specifications - These are the specifications for all vouchers that can be reproduced by software vendors. You must follow the specifications for approval.