Department of Revenue News Release
September 07, 2023Mexico License Office Transitioning To A New Contractor
The Missouri Department of Revenue is announcing the new management contract for the Mexico License Office has been awarded to 2015 Schotthill Woods, LLC. License Office Contractor, David Koester, Jr., said, “We have been serving the citizens of Mexico and surrounding areas for almost 15 years. We look forward to continued service and appreciate all of the patrons in the area.” All license office contracts in Missouri are awarded through a competitive bid process. License offices are operated by independent contractors but overseen by the Missouri Department of Revenue.
Please note the current location, 201 North Abat, Mexico, Mo., 65265, will close on September 15 to allow for transitioning of the necessary office equipment. The office will reopen on September 20. The hours of operation will be Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and the telephone number will be 573-581-2665.
While the office is closed to transition to the new contractor, the Department encourages customers to visit one of the following nearby locations to receive assistance with their motor vehicle and driver licensing needs:
- Fulton License Office – 358 Country Meadows Lane, Fulton, Mo., 65251
- Paris License Office – 211 N. Main Street, Paris, Mo., 65275
- Montgomery City License Office – 652-B South Sturgeon, Montgomery City, Mo., 63361
A full list of license office locations and hours of operation can be found at https://dor.mo.gov/license-office-locator/.
The following online services are also available:
- License Offices accepting phone-in vehicle and watercraft registration renewals can be found here: License-Offices-Accepting-Phone-In-Vehicle-Registration_000.pdf (mo.gov).
- License Plate Renewal — The Online License Plate Renewal System is a convenient way to renew your license plates. If your county participates by sharing personal property tax information with the Department, you have an easy registration option. Check here to see if your county participates.
- Renewal Requirements Inquiry — Online inquiry to obtain information regarding registration renewal requirements.
- Get answers 24/7 with the help of the Department’s chatbot, DORA, a virtual assistant programmed to respond to common taxation, motor vehicle and driver licensing questions.