License Office RFP Schedule
The License Offices Bureau is moving forward with the Request for Proposal (RFP) process initiated under the Special Delegation of Authority issued by the Office of Administration. The following is subject to change and it remains the responsibility of vendors and contractors to ensure they have the latest information, have registered with MissourBUYS (Statewide eProcurement System), and have selected the notification preference to receive notification emails from MissouriBUYS when License Office RFPs post to the bid board.
- For information on how to setup a MissouriBUYS account or to learn more about submitting proposals through the Statewide eProcurement System go to https://missouribuys.mo.gov/.
- Information for awarded proposals are available through both https://missouribuys.mo.gov/and the Department of Revenue’s Purchasing page: https://dor.mo.gov/resources/purchasing/
- Estimated License Office Transaction Counts and Processing Fees are located at: https://dor.mo.gov/contact/
- Transaction counts are based on completed transactions for the previous State Fiscal Year (July 1 – June 30) and are not a guarantee of future transaction volume. Transaction volume(s) may be affected by extenuating circumstances, such as, but not limited to: weather closures, fire, or events that influence surrounding license offices. Additionally, legislative or regulatory changes may also affect transaction volumes.
- FY23 Transaction counts: https://dor.mo.gov/contact/documents/FY2023-MV-and-DL-Estimated-Transactions-and-Processing-Fees-Summary.pdf
Interested in submitting a proposal for a Missouri License Office?
- Interested groups or individuals who wish to submit proposals for the opportunity to operate a License Office must have an active Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) and must submit their proposal under the legal entity name for which the FEIN was assigned. The Missouri Department of Revenue, through the Office of Administration, will post an RFP for a specific License Office contract around the time of the current contract’s expiration.
- Interested bidders have approximately 10 days to submit their proposal for the operation of the license office in the competitive bid process, as outlined in the RFP. A scheduled tour of the current location may be requested by emailing the procurement contact listed on MissouriBUYS.
- Proposals will be evaluated on items as outlined in the RFP. All of the proposals will be evaluated by a designated review team at the Department of Revenue. For each contracted license office, the proposal that scores best in the areas outlined in the RFP, receiving the highest total points among the submitted proposals, will be selected to operate the office.
Missouri License Office locations - https://dor.mo.gov/license-office-locator/
License Office Contract Information - https://missouribuys.mo.gov/
General Information to Vendors about License Office Bidding (OA document) http://oa.mo.gov/sites/default/files/DORoffices.pdf
Obtain a Federal Employer Identification Number - https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/employer-id-numbers
For informational purposes only, last updated 08/31/2023. Final RFP evaluations will be based on internal Department data, which is updated daily.