How do I determine if I qualify for an exemption?

You may use Form MO-1040 and Form MO-A. (Attach Form MO-PTS to claim the property tax credit.) See the notes below for more help!

Use Form MO-1040 and Form MO-A if you are claiming a pension and social security/social security disability exemption and you:

  • Have income from another state; or
  • Have positive or negative modifications to federal adjusted gross income; or
  • Are claiming miscellaneous tax credits; or
  • Have recapture tax or tax on a lump sum distribution.

Still confused or have more questions?

The department wants to ensure you use the easiest form for your tax filing situation. If you are unsure which form best meets your filing needs, use our Tax Form Selector.

Pension Exemption Forms