How to Replace Stolen Plates and Tabs
If your license plates or tabs have been stolen, you may receive up to two sets of replacement plates or tabs per year at no cost (a $6.00 processing fee will apply).
To replace your stolen license plates or tabs, or both, you must submit:
- A completed and notarized Application for Replacement Plates/Tabs (Form 1576), indicating the reason for the replacement; and
- The $6.00 processing fee.
This transaction can be processed at any Missouri license office, or you may submit your application paperwork and fee, by mail, to:
MISSOURI DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE
MOTOR VEHICLE BUREAU
PO BOX 100
JEFFERSON CITY MO 65105-0100
What steps can you take to protect your license plate(s) and tab(s) from theft?
- Park in lighted areas
- Properly attach the license plate(s) to the vehicle using all four screws
- Use special screws requiring specific tools to remove them
- Use plastic covers (all pertinent license plate information must remain visible)