Department of Revenue News Release
July 17, 2023Missouri Sales and Use Tax Lookup
The Missouri Department of Revenue has released a newly enhanced version of sales and use tax rate lookup map. The Missouri Sales and Use Tax Lookup is a Google based map that provides some features that the prior map displayed but offers new features as well. This lookup tool is intended to provide customers with up to date tax rates and boundaries for addresses throughout the state of Missouri.
- Tax rates for January 1, 2023 through current. This also allows the ability for the customer to research a prior tax rate imposed back to January 2023.
- Boundaries for cities, counties, districts and annexations throughout Missouri. After entering an address, click on the empty box next to the interested jurisdiction.
- The jurisdiction code for the address you are searching in the lookup tool. Jurisdiction codes are used by businesses when filing a sales or use tax return with the department.
- Multiple tax types and special item taxes displayed. The prior map displayed the sales and use tax rates. Now you can see the tax rates that apply to special item taxes.
- Sales Tax
- Use Tax
- Food Tax
- Branson Food/Drink (Displays only for applicable jurisdictions)
- Branson Tourism District Hotel Exemption (Displays only for applicable jurisdictions)
- Lamar Heights Food (Displays only for applicable jurisdictions)
- Motor Vehicle Titling Tax – Missouri Dealer
- Motor Vehicle Titling Tax – Non-Missouri Dealer
- Adult Use Marijuana
- Battery Manufacturing
- Domestic Utilities
- Text Book
- Ability to export the tax rate printout for the searched address.
- Links to the Taxability Matrices that outlines the taxability of products and services based on Missouri law is available in the Overview section.
- Allows customers to send questions to the Department via email.