Department of Revenue News Release
July 21, 2023Joplin License Office Set To Close July 25 And Open At New Location On July 31
The Missouri Department of Revenue has announced the closing of the license office in Joplin, Mo., located at 1110 East 7, Ste. 6, Joplin, Mo., 64801. The last day of operations will be July 25.
License offices are operated by independent contractors but overseen by the Missouri Department of Revenue. All license office contracts in Missouri are awarded through a competitive bid process. The management contract for the Joplin License Office was awarded to CGB Holdings, LLC on February 15. The Joplin License Office will re-open on Monday, July 31 at 8:30 a.m., at a new location: 2702 Richard Joseph Blvd, Ste. 116, Joplin, Mo., 64804. The office will be open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and the telephone number is 417-580-9991.
Until the new location opens, the Department encourages customers to visit one of the following nearby locations to receive assistance with their motor vehicle and driver licensing needs:
- Carthage License Office – 1429 Hazel Street, Carthage, Mo., 64836
- Neosho License Office –112 West Spring Street, Neosho, Mo., 64850
- Sarcoxie License Office – 506 Cross Street, Sarcoxie, Mo., 64862-0237
A full list of license office locations and hours of operation can be found at https://dor.mo.gov/license-office-locator/.
The following online services are also available:
- License Offices accepting phone-in vehicle and watercraft registration renewals can be found here: License-Offices-Accepting-Phone-In-Vehicle-Registration_000.pdf (mo.gov).
- License Plate Renewal — The Online License Plate Renewal System is a convenient way to renew your license plates. If your county participates by sharing personal property tax information with the Department, you have an easy registration option. Check here to see if your county participates.
- Renewal Requirements Inquiry — Online inquiry to obtain information regarding registration renewal requirements.
- Get answers 24/7 with the help of the Department’s chatbot, DORA, a virtual assistant programmed to respond to common taxation, motor vehicle and driver licensing questions.