General Counsel's Office
The General Counsel's Office ensures the Department's compliance with law and internal policies.
- The General Counsel's Office advises the director and divisions on legal matters relative to the Department, and represents the Department in courts and administrative tribunals.
- The Criminal Tax Investigation Bureau (CTIB) investigates and develops information leading to local prosecution of individuals and businesses suspected of violating state statues related to sales, withholding, and income tax.
- The Compliance and Investigation Bureau (CIB) conducts investigations involving allegations of fraud relating to motor vehicle sales tax, titling and registration, odometer, and motor fuel sales tax as well as cigarette tax fraud, driver's license fraud and license plate fraud. CIB also ensures the compliance of motor vehicle dealers, salvage businesses, and marine dealers with statutes and licenser regulations. In addition to external investigations, CIB conducts internal audits and investigations of the Department of Revenue and license offices.
2019 Impaired Driving Update
The target audience for this training is law enforcement, judges, prosecutors and court personnel. The training sessions are made available from grant funding through the Missouri Department of Transportation, Highway and Traffic Safety Division. In accordance with the grant guidelines, the training sessions are limited to law enforcement, judges, prosecutors, and court personnel.
This training is is offered at no cost to attendees. Law enforcement officers seeking P.O.S.T. credits must pay a $10 per hour certification fee to the Highway Patrol Academy. Payment is NOT to be made prior to attending training. Officers may pick up P.O.S.T. credit forms at the training and submit payment AFTER they have attended the training sessions. Application will also be made with the Missouri Bar for continuing legal education (CLE) credit for Missouri attorneys and judges that wish to attend.
This year’s annual Department of Revenue Impaired Driving Update will consist of three sections:
- Annual Case Law Update - In this session, attendees will learn about notable cases that have come down within the last year that affect the enforcement and prosecution of DWI Cases, involving both criminal and civil case law.
- Ignition Interlocks for Dummies - After this session, attendees will know how ignition interlocks function, how to perform a traffic stop with an ignition interlock device and how to cite violations regarding ignition interlock devices as well as a brief overview of Missouri’s ignition interlock program.
- Real ID and Fake IDs - The third session is something brand new that we have never offered before. This session will discuss the changes that have happened to the Missouri driver license because of the implementation of Real ID and will also discuss very realist looking fake IDs that have been coming into our country recently.
- Rachel M. Jones, Senior Counsel
- James A. (Jim) Chenault, Senior Counsel
- Becky Wekenborg Foster, Ignition Interlock Coordinator
- Don DeBoard, Missouri Safety Center
- Various DOR CIB Agents Statewide
Below is a list of the available training sessions.
Date Time Location
July 25....... 8:30AM – 12:30PM Jefferson City | MSHP (GHQ) | 1510 East Elm
Aug. 1........ 8:30AM – 12:30PM Poplar Bluff | MSHP ( Troop E) | 4947 Highway 67 North
Aug. 2........ 8:30AM – 12:30PM Cape Girardeau | Osage Community Center | 1625 N. Kings Hwy.
Aug. 15...... 12:30PM – 4:30PM Macon | MSHP (Troop B) | 308 Pine Crest Drive
Aug. 29...... 12:30PM – 4:30PM Weldon Spring | MSHP (Troop C) | 891 Technology Drive
Aug. 30...... 8:30AM – 12:30PM Weldon Spring | MSHP (Troop C) | 891 Technology Drive
Sept. 3....... 12:30PM – 4:30PM St. Joseph | MSHP (Troop H) | 3525 North Belt Highway
Sept. 4....... 12:30PM – 4:30PM Lee’s Summit | Police Department | 10 NE Tudor Road
Sept. 5....... 8:30AM – 12:30PM Lee’s Summit | Police Department | 10 NE Tudor Road
Sept. 19..... 12:30PM – 4:30PM Rolla | MSHP (Troop I) 1301 Nagogami Road
Sept. 20..... 8:30AM – 12:30PM Willow Springs | MSHP (Troop G) | 1226 W. Bus. US-60/63
Sept. 26..... 12:30PM – 4:30PM Springfield | MSHP (Troop D) | 3131 East Kearney
Sept. 27..... 8:30AM – 12:30PM Springfield | MSHP (Troop D) | 3131 East Kearney