Field Compliance Bureau
Why does the Missouri Department of Revenue conduct tax audits?
The Department's tax auditors are authorized by Missouri state law to conduct compliance audits for sales, use, withholding, and corporate tax. The Department makes every effort to ensure these audits are conducted efficiently.
Additional Information about Tax Audits:
- Computer Assisted Audit Program
- Frequently Asked Questions About An Audit
- Field Compliance Bureau Offices
- List of Records Examined During an Audit
- Taxpayer Instructional Guide for Encrypting Email Correspondence
- Taxpayer Bill of Rights
- Industry Association Guidance Letters